As measured from current prototypes, some variance in performance is expected from unit to unit.
- Receiver Type: Superhet with a three crystal IF filter
Receiver sensitivity: Better than -120 dBm
- Current Drain: ~ 17 mA at 12v.
- Bus switch first mixer improves handling of high level signal (40m SWBC!)
- AGC - Automatically reduces large signals
- 3 pole Crystal filter
- Single sided receiver reception
- Wider 500 Hz filter decreases "ringing" and listener fatigue
- Audio gain chain incorporates active R/C low pass filter
- Reduces unwanted high frequency audio gain stage hiss
- Provides >30 dB additional attenuation for signals more than 2KHz away
- Headphone level output with diode limiting - o Protects your ears from static crashes or sudden strong stations
- Band coverage provided in two ranges
- Each tuning range ~ 20 KHz wide
- On board switch selects upper or lower band segments
- 40m covers 7.000 to 7.022 and 7.024 to 7.049 MHz (DX and QRP segments)
- 30m covers 10.100 to 10.120 MHz
- External "mute" input (active low)
- Reduces receiver gain by ~ 70 dB
- Receiver input protected to 5w when muted (only when muted!)
Manuals and other useful information
Simple Receiver (SRX) Construction Manual (05/05/2013)
Ordering electronically by PayPal using the buttons below.
When an order is placed through PayPal, shipping charges are automatically
calculated then a confirmation email is immediately sent by PayPal. We also
receive this same email, so please rest assured that we have logged your
order into our books. No other order confirmation will be issued. Your kit
will be shipped in 1-2 weeks after our receiving the order, unless otherwise
stated. Thanks for your support.